During March the Australian Tax Office will be running seminars for trustees of self managed superannuation funds in regional locations throughout Australia.
They will be covering information that is relevant to SMSFs.
Stephen Hall, Superannuation partner at Thomson Hall recommends that all trustees attend.
Topics covered will include:
- Tax obligations for SMSFs, and
- Recent changes to super and how these changes relate to SMSFs.
- What is a SMSF?
- Trustee obligations
- Investment restrictions
- Contribution and benefit payment rules
- Recent changes to super
- Our compliance program
- Where to go for help
Also, new topics that the ATO will be covering in these seminars include:
- SMSF annual return
- Instalment warrants (which are a way that super funds may borrow money for the purchase of investment assets)
- In-house asset transitional arrangements
- Trust deeds
- Crystallisation calculator
- Benefits calculator
Details of locations, dates and registration information are at the ATO Super website