Stepping into the small business world is daunting enough. What if you are thinking about buying a franchise?
If this is you, there is a free online “buying a franchise” course sponsored by the ACCC and run by Griffith University which covers some basics, such as (info taken from the course web site):
- The difference between Annexure 1 and Annexure 2 disclosure; and what should be disclosed and when.
- Franchise Fees & Royalties: Types of upfront fees; and types of royalties and how they are paid…
- Understanding bank accreditation of franchise systems.
- Retail Leasing: Common franchise leasing practices; and negotiating a property lease before buying a franchise.
- Franchisor / Franchisee Relationship: Understanding the nature of the relationship
- Questions to ask Franchisors, Existing Franchisees and Ex-Franchisees
To do the course you fill out a form here, and you get the first part of the course sent to your email address.