To assist small businesses to be prepared for and able to recover from a crisis, the Australian government is running free business planning workshops across Australia.
Crises and business disruptions could include natural disasters, product recalls, human influenza pandemic and other threats. These workshops can assist organisations to prepare a business continuity plan, and are being held around Australia from 26 March to 14 May 2007.
The workshops can help small businesses to:
* identify their business’s core people and skills
* explain how a pandemic might affect their business
* consider the effects of a supply shortage on operations
* plan for staff absences and consider other human resource issues
* develop contingency plans for crisis events
* communicate those plans to staff and customers
* look at their financial implications for their business
* test their plans and know when to use them
You can register here (pdf file)
Workshops presented by